Inside the Academy
AAFP News gives you an inside look at what's happening in the Academy -- including who's running for AAFP offices -- fills you in on members' accomplishments and much more.
Recent Inside the Academy Stories
07/08/2020 — On July 6, a small group of Academy leaders, staff and special guests gathered at AAFP headquarters in Leawood, Kan., to witness the unveiling of the official portrait of outgoing EVP and CEO Douglas Henley, M.D., who is retiring as of Aug. 1.
06/11/2020 — After careful review of a formal application, the AAFP Board of Directors recently approved creation of the Physicians for Life Member Interest Group.
More Inside the Academy News
- 06/01/2020 — New Senior VP Takes Reins of AAFP Advocacy Efforts
- 05/28/2020 — Family Medicine Discovers RapSDI Announces 2020 Scholars
- 05/21/2020 — Can't Come to KC? The AAFP Is Bringing Meetings to You
- 04/16/2020 — AAFP Foundation COVID-19 Relief Fund to Benefit Family Medicine
- 03/31/2020 — AAFP Eases CME, Dues Deadlines so FPs Can Focus on Pandemic
- 03/12/2020 — AAFP Taps Veteran Family Medicine Advocate as Next CEO/EVP
- 03/06/2020 — Russell Kohl, M.D., Runs for AAFP Vice Speaker
- 03/04/2020 — 2020 Member Survey Is Your Chance to Steer AAFP's Work
- 02/25/2020 — Windel Stracener, M.D., Runs for AAFP President-elect
- 02/25/2020 — Jennifer Brull, M.D., Runs for AAFP Director