May 17, 2019 03:27 pm — The AAFP has launched new work that aims to move the needle for family medicine by focusing on administrative burden, public perception, advocacy and improving member interactions with the Academy.Full Story »
Inside the Academy
AAFP News gives you an inside look at what's happening in the Academy -- including who's running for AAFP offices -- fills you in on members' accomplishments and much more.
Recent Inside the Academy Stories
05/07/2019 — Panelists speaking at the AAFP's National Conference of Constituency Leaders on April 25 highlighted how they built on their passion for patient care to expand their advocacy efforts outside the office setting and effect change in their communities.
05/06/2019 — During a panel discussion on health system reform at the AAFP's 2019 Annual Chapter Leader Forum, speakers said politicians are unlikely to change the health care system without action by patients and physicians.
05/03/2019 — According to a breakout session on artificial intelligence and machine learning at the AAFP's 2019 Annual Chapter Leader Forum, AI is poised to augment the work physicians do but will not replace them in the exam room.
05/03/2019 — During the 2019 National Conference of Constituency Leaders, delegates acted on a number of resolutions considered during the Reference Committee on Education hearing that was held April 26.
More Inside the Academy News
- 05/03/2019 — Family Physicians Go Big With Advocacy Agenda
- 05/01/2019 — FPs Hammer Out Practice-related Measures for AAFP to Take Up
- 05/01/2019 — Delegates Focus on Race in Medicine, Gender-affirming Care
- 04/30/2019 — Member Constituency Delegates Reject Purity Politics for PAC
- 04/30/2019 — Family Physicians Voice Questions at Town Hall Meeting
- 04/27/2019 — 2019 NCCL Delegates Elect New Leaders
- 04/26/2019 — Family Physicians Learn to Say 'Yes, And …'
- 04/05/2019 — New MIG Focuses on Climate Change, Environmental Health
- 04/02/2019 — 2019 AAFP Member Satisfaction Survey Is Coming Soon
- 04/01/2019 — People in the News/Awards -- March 2019