October 19, 2017 04:49 pm — The New York State AFP announces the candidacy of Tochi Iroku-Malize, M.D., M.P.H., M.B.A., of Bay Shore, for AAFP director.Full Story »
Inside the Academy
AAFP News gives you an inside look at what's happening in the Academy -- including who's running for AAFP offices -- fills you in on members' accomplishments and much more.
Recent Inside the Academy Stories
10/06/2017 — American Family Physician is an important patient care resource for Sumi Makkar Sexton, M.D., and she intends to build on that strength as the journal's next editor.
09/05/2017 — Family physicians who will be attending the AAFP's 2017 Family Medicine Experience next week can look forward to events that include the launch of a new well-being initiative.
06/19/2017 — The 2017 Congress of Delegates will meet Sept. 11-13 in San Antonio in conjunction with the AAFP Family Medicine Experience, which is scheduled for Sept. 12-16.
05/08/2017 — Speakers at this year's AAFP Leadership Conference discussed well-being resources the AAFP is preparing and tips that physicians can use immediately to fight burnout.
More Inside the Academy News
- 05/08/2017 — FP Advocacy Key to Achieving Health Equity
- 05/03/2017 — Delegates Focus on Improving Health Equity
- 05/03/2017 — FPs Protect Scope of Family Medicine, Address Practice Issues
- 05/02/2017 — FPs Get Fired Up About Training Issues, Patient Care
- 05/02/2017 — Delegates Address Diversity in AAFP Leadership, Resident Retention
- 05/02/2017 — Delegates Take on Immigrant Health, Other Advocacy Issues
- 05/02/2017 — AFP Editor Jay Siwek, M.D., to Step Down in 2018
- 04/29/2017 — 2017 NCCL Delegates Elect New Leaders
- 04/28/2017 — FPs Discuss Critical Issues at Packed Leadership Conference Town Hall
- 04/28/2017 — Achieving Health Equity: Tools for a National Campaign Against Racism