March 31, 2020 10:08 am — To make sure nothing pulls FPs' attention away from the COVID-19 pandemic, the AAFP is easing CME requirements for membership and extending the deadline for payment of dues.Full Story »
Inside the Academy
AAFP News gives you an inside look at what's happening in the Academy -- including who's running for AAFP offices -- fills you in on members' accomplishments and much more.
Recent Inside the Academy Stories
03/12/2020 — AAFP Senior Vice President for Advocacy, Practice Advancement and Policy Shawn Martin was introduced March 11 as the successor to retiring Academy CEO and EVP Douglas Henley, M.D.
03/04/2020 — The AAFP's 2020 Member Satisfaction Survey was emailed on Feb. 29 to all active members who have not opted out of email surveys. There's still time for members who had opted out to receive the survey before the extended deadline of April 30.
02/25/2020 — The Indiana AFP announces the candidacy of Windel Stracener, M.D., of Richmond, for AAFP president-elect.
More Inside the Academy News
- 02/25/2020 — Jennifer Brull, M.D., Runs for AAFP Director
- 02/25/2020 — Mary Campagnolo, M.D., M.B.A., Runs for AAFP Director
- 01/31/2020 — Sterling Ransone Jr., M.D., Runs for AAFP President-elect
- 01/31/2020 — People in the News/Awards -- 2019 Wrapup
- 12/12/2019 — Alan Schwartzstein, M.D., Runs for AAFP Speaker
- 12/12/2019 — Todd Shaffer, M.D., M.B.A., Runs for AAFP Director
- 11/14/2019 — Erica Swegler, M.D., Runs for AAFP President-elect
- 10/15/2019 — AAFP Creates New MIG for Employed Physicians
- 09/05/2019 — Dennis Salisbury, M.D., Withdraws Candidacy for AAFP Director
- 08/23/2019 — AAFP Commences Search for Next CEO/EVP