Inside the Academy
AAFP News gives you an inside look at what's happening in the Academy -- including who's running for AAFP offices -- fills you in on members' accomplishments and much more.
Recent Inside the Academy Stories
09/05/2019 — The Montana AFP has announced that Dennis Salisbury, M.D., of Butte, has withdrawn his candidacy for AAFP director.
08/09/2019 — The Academy's Board of Directors has given the thumbs up to two new AAFP member interest groups: the EMR Optimization and Intimate Partner Violence MIGs. That brings the total number of MIGs to 20.
07/24/2019 — Sarina Schrager, M.D., M.S., was recently appointed the new medical editor of FPM. Schrager brings extensive writing and editing experience to the role, as well as a background in full-scope family medicine practice and education.
More Inside the Academy News
- 07/15/2019 — Congress of Delegates to Convene Sept. 23-25 in Philadelphia
- 05/17/2019 — Four Projects Aim to Shape Future of Family Medicine
- 05/07/2019 — Panelists Describe Turning Passion Into Patient Advocacy
- 05/06/2019 — ACLF Speakers Urge FPs to Advocate for Health System Reform
- 05/03/2019 — Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning Poised to Help FPs
- 05/03/2019 — FPs Call for Expanding Education Topics in Residency
- 05/03/2019 — Family Physicians Go Big With Advocacy Agenda
- 05/01/2019 — FPs Hammer Out Practice-related Measures for AAFP to Take Up
- 05/01/2019 — Delegates Focus on Race in Medicine, Gender-affirming Care
- 04/30/2019 — Member Constituency Delegates Reject Purity Politics for PAC